ORANGE BALL TOURNAMENT
Challenge your way to the top!
 Julian Zaborski
 Toby Sillman
 Benjamin Schacher
RULES AND REGULATION
- Court 16 Open matches are played on 60 ft court with orange balls
Players ranked 1 through 8 may only challenge another player that is within two spots of them on the ladder. Players ranked 9 and lower may challenge other players that are ranked within 3 spots of them on the ladder
Players can only be challenged by one other player at a time
Whenever a challenge is issued, a member of the Court 16 team will facilitate a date for the match to be played
Once a challenge has been issued, you will have 14 days to play the match. If the match has not been played within 14 days, the challenge will be considered "forfeited" and the challenger will be granted the win (barring special circumstance)
- Initial rankings will be determined by Court 16 coaches and staff based on previous Court 16 Tournaments results and tennis experience overall
Ranking System: if a player successfully challenges another, she/he will take the spot of the player who was challenged and that player will be bumped down 1 spot
Each match runs for 55 minutes. The player with more games at the end of the time wins
If the two players have the same number of games at the end of the time, a tiebreaker will be played
For any questions regarding scheduling, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding rules, contact email@example.com
- The session will begin with a 3-minute warm-up
- A coin toss will determine the player to serve first
- Players play as many sets as time allows
- The winning player is the player with more games
- Players will call lines but the Umpire may overrule
- The Umpire will call the scores
- 20 seconds is allotted between points
- 45 second is allotted to change-overs
- Racket throwing and smashing is not allowed. Players will be penalized every time they throw or smash a racquet. The first time they will be penalized with a game. The second time with a set. The third time with the match.
- Players may make one request for coaching each set
- The coach supervising the session will debrief the match with parents and educate them towards key tactical concepts
CHALLENGE. COMPETE. REPEAT.
Challenges open every Sunday for the upcoming after rankings have been updated.